4390 Crain Hwy, White Plains, MD 20695, USA
1.6

Scheduled a Glow Night party at the White Plains/Waldorf location. Went in and booked a 20 person party although I requested a 35 person party.

I was told someone would call me to increase the capacity. I had to call several times to get them to increase the party capacity to 35. I was told that the party would begin at 9 and that we would have 30 minutes to set up the party). I spoke to the "Party planner" and the day before, I was compelled to speak with a "Manager" because every subsequent conversation with any employee contradicted the last.

Especially the fact that I was told when I paid the deposit for the party that we had 30 minutes to set up before the party while the guests where in the park. I went in the night before to buy shirts up front to customize for our theme and was told we would need to be there even earlier than the 30 minutes before because our party was so large. We arrived at 8:15 for a 9pm party and were told that we could not enter the room to begin setting up at 8:30 because there was an "admin meeting in the room". NOT ANOTHER PARTY-BUT A STAFF MEETING!!!

The cashier there was totally rude, continued to cut me off when I spoke and was making no accommodations. When we were finally allowed to enter the room, part of the time to set up was used to rearrange the tables left in disarray from the “Staff meeting”. There were not enough tables to accommodate 35 jumpers and their parents. We were told we had only 30 minutes in this room including the 35 guests being served 7 pizzas, chicken tenders, hot dogs and drinks, not to mention being able to sing “Happy birthday” and to eat the cake.

The hosts told us we would need to take our food and cake “TO GO” because they shut down at 10:40 to clean up. The servers held the food hostage and attempted to put it on the rolling shoe trays. The room was EXTREMELY tight and the staff initially attempted to handle plates, etc with no gloves. The manager made us pay up front and constantly interrupted the party in attempts to pull me out of the party to settle a bill before the end of the party.

This place is not fit to through parties, the rooms are too small, and the staff needs to be better trained on hosting. Most of them were rude and accommodating. This party is priced at more than $1100 to start-(not including the food we added) and they treated us as though we were thieves. And after all this-the manager inquired if we wanted to pay gratuity instead of offering us a discount!

This was the most horribly run establishment I’ve ever been to in my entire life. I will be encouraging everyone I know to steer clear.

Review about: Skyzone Party Entertainment.

I didn't like: Customer service, Kicked us out, Manner of employees, Party room was too small for number of guests, No time to set up for party.

Comments